Engineering and Design
United States, California, San Luis Obispo
We are looking for a CAD Technician to join the team in San Luis Obispo, CA to support the development of front drivetrain products for a bicycle. In this role, you will assist in the creation, review, and timely release of engineering documentation that is error-free.
- Provide modeling and drafting support for Engineering Teams including the creation and revision of CAD 3D files and drawings using Creo Parametric.
- Create, modify, check, and release ECNs in PLM system (PTC Windchill)
- Utilize understanding of product structure and compatibilities to create and maintain product BOMs based on specifications provided with minimal guidance.
- Check and ensure adherence to CAD drawing and PLM standards before release.
- Collaborate with team members from Product Lifecycle Management and CAD group to continuously improve systems and assist in implementing improvements.
- Associate Degree in engineering drafting, or a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- CAD experience required. Creo Parametric (Pro/Engineer) is strongly desired.
- Understanding of document control and change management system fundamentals.
- Experience working in PLM and ERP systems desired. Specific experience using PTC Windchill and SAP is a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings with an understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail and take pride in accuracy and quality of work all while maintaining deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.