Category Director – RockShox (Suspension)
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
Lead the evolution of category product strategy through project selection, product mix, pricing, and promotional strategies. Responsible for ongoing category development and profitability.
- Lead the development of an optimal product portfolio that strikes a balance between strategic requirements and profit
- Set the strategy and goals for the category and lead the process of selecting and prioritizing new and sustaining product development direction
- Provide regular updates to senior management and other stakeholders on progress towards goals.
- Maintain accurate measures for determining profitability of new and existing products
- Collaborate with product development and operational resource managers for on time execution of planned product priorities.
- Partner with category leaders across SRAM to align and optimize SRAM’s overall product portfolio
- Manage global team including Product Managers and technical resources
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with leaders at our top customers across all sales channels and regions.
- Partner cross-functionally to create and execute demand pull tactics for new and existing products.
- Confirm product stories, overall messaging, and promotional plans are consistent with brand identity
- Utilize continuous improvement to identify and remove areas of waste within function
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years product management experience
- Experience leading through at least 5 product lifecycles with demonstrated growth
- High enthusiasm and passion for mountain biking to accomplish customer engagement and the brand promotional objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute global strategies
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence
- Strong analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence and strong communication skills – written, oral and live in front of an audience
- Broad, effective relationships with customers and a wide internal network
- Experience with leading a team directly or indirectly
- Problem solving aptitude and desire
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the global bike industry or suspension products
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary range is $140,000 up to +30% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.