Engineering and Design
CNC Programmer / Machinist
San Luis Obispo, California
Work directly with Engineering and Test team members to rapidly create prototype parts and tooling that support product development.
- Create accurate prototypes that support product development within a given timeframe
- Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineers
- Work with Engineering and Test departments to coordinate prototyping needs
- Utilize measurement equipment to verify prototype accuracy
- Help maintain machine shop equipment and a safe work environment. Identify future equipment needs.
- Maintain and build industry relationships with outside vendors
- Share knowledge and support prototyping needs with other SRAM prototype shops
- Assist in other areas during shop downtime
- 2+ years of machinist experience
- CAD/CAM exposure required. PTC Creo and Creo NC (Pro NC) knowledge preferred
- CNC programming, setup, and operation experience, including 3 axis milling and turning
- Manual machining knowledge
- Strong team player but also exhibit a high level of autonomy
- Adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.