Engineering and Design
CNC Programmer / Machinist
San Luis Obispo, California
Work directly with Engineering and Test team members to rapidly create prototype parts, fixtures and tooling that support product development.
- Create accurate prototypes that support product development within a given timeframe.
- Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineers.
- Work with Engineering and Test departments to coordinate prototyping needs.
- Utilize measurement equipment to verify prototype accuracy.
- Help maintain machine shop equipment and a safe work environment. Identify future equipment needs.
- Maintain and build industry relationships with outside vendors.
- Share knowledge with and support prototyping needs of other SRAM prototype shops.
- Assist in other areas during shop downtime such as metrology and 3D printing.
- 2+ years of experience as a machinist
- CAD/CAM exposure required. PTC Creo and Creo NC (Pro NC) knowledge preferred.
- CNC programing, setup, and operation experience. Live tooling lathe experience a plus.
- Manual machining knowledge.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Adaptive to changing priorities.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.