Engineering and Design
Spearfish, South Dakota
Leverage sound engineering principles, knowledge and experience to produce high quality, robust mechanical and electromechanical designs that achieve team project goals and inspire cyclists at all levels.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers, and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Mitigate risks in product designs through proactive design analysis, especially as it relates to understanding effects from internal and external variability.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Assist in the direction and leadership of engineering support staff. Provide design insight to other team members and suppliers.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ professional experience in new product development or product improvement. Familiarity working with electronics, PCBAs and FW/SW is a plus.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with a Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM), such as Windchill strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.