Distribution Center Associate (Temp-to-Hire)
Meeting the demands of our customers through safe, high quality order processing. Team members will be responsible to receiving, put a way, picking, packing and shipping inventory. Teamwork is a cornerstone of our success and we look for individuals who can actively participate in team objectives. This position begins as a temporary assignment with SRAM through a third party staffing firm. Although there is no guarantee, there is the potential to be hired as a full-time employee at SRAM after 90 days. Employment-related matters and benefits are handled by a local staffing partner, not by SRAM, unless the team member is hired by SRAM directly.
- Unloading, loading, staging, and warehousing of cartons and large bulky objects.
- Using safe and secure material handling methods to maximize use of trailer space and distribute merchandise properly according to our standards.
- Verifying purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise.
- Completing required documentation neatly and accurately.
- Performing spot-checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly.
- Operating manual and mechanical equipment in a safe manner, using the appropriate personal protective equipment, reporting unsafe conditions, following safety procedures, and thinking about safety at all times.
- Maintain work quality by following standardized processes and procedures as well as communicating quality concerns to a Lead, Supervisor, and/or at daily Tier meeting.
- May perform other duties as needed.
- Must be available to work full time (40 hours per week), plus occasional Saturdays; be flexible for overtime when volume increases
- Ability to continuously stand or walk at least 90% of the time
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, lift frequently, and reach 40 inches
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Driver’s license required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to carbon and moving parts
- Moving equipment is common in the area
- To apply please go to http://energeostaffing.com/ (by clicking the apply link below), once on the website click the link to apply. When an Energeo recruiter contacts you, tell them you’re interested in SRAM’s Distribution Associate position
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.