Engineering and Design
Electrical Engineering Manager
Spearfish, South Dakota
As part of a talented team of Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Manufacturing, and Test Engineers, the Electrical Design Engineering Manager will work to lead and mentor teams that bring new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world.
- Oversee the design of architectures to support full lifecycle development of embedded systems hardware and software/firmware including: development & production test hardware, software, continuous integration (CI) systems, process development, and component management.
- Ensure the team creates well designed, testable, effective designs that include design specifications, design options, tradeoffs and choice rationale, experimental results, and tuning procedures.
- Own, estimate, and track progress for team tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market goals.
- Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts.
- Collaborate engineers across all engineering and operations disciplines to develop jointly optimized, robust product architectures.
- Prioritize advanced- / pre- development resources and projects as applicable to support Product Management goals, thereby feeding product leading technologies into the development teams.
- Manage and provide expertise, steering strategies and decisions across multiple projects spanning at least one value stream. Participate in project planning and resource loading activities with Category & Product Management, Site Leadership, and Team Leaders.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- 7+ years experience as an Electrical Engineer developing electrical and electromechanical designs supporting new product development.
- Exposure to full cycle product development including product definition, design, testing, qualification, certification, and field verification.
- Familiarity with PCB design and embedded systems hardware/software/firmware design from concept through manufacturing.
- Self-directed, resourceful, detail oriented, able to manage multiple priorities, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on open-ended problems.
- Exposure to stage/phase-gate and Agile product development processes.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
- Willingness to travel to Taiwan 1-3 times per year, for approximately 5-10 days each time. *Post COVID-19 restrictions
- Ability to attend meetings and phone calls at alternative timelines (AM/PM with other locations).
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.