Engineering and Design
Embedded (Hardware/Software) Design Engineer (m/w/d)
Contribute to the electrical hardware and software engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories. Continue to create new, innovative additions to the SRAM AXS electronic cycling ecosystem as well as to electronic and software designs working in concert with mechanical systems.
- Participate in full lifecycle software / firmware development.
- Contribute to device-side embedded C running on ARM microprocessors.
- Develop device driver and application library code for use across SRAM AXS designs that control mechatronic devices.
- Lead design, layout, and verification of mixed signal hardware designs, including microprocessors, serial communications, sensors, electromechanical systems, motor drivers, RF transceivers, and antenna systems.
- Optimize architectures for low-power battery operation.
- Design, build, and test prototype printed circuit boards.
- Author design documentation. Write well designed, testable code. Conduct and contribute to hardware design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with mechanical, embedded software, test, and manufacturing engineers to develop jointly optimized designs.
- Collaborate with peers across multiple project teams to coordinate and optimize code for various use cases with broad reuse. Support projects from inception through launch within a global team setting.
- Work closely with vendors on PCB stackup design and PCBA design for manufacturability.
- Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education
- Relevant experience in wireless embedded systems development. Design, verification, and EMC compliance approval for products including 2.4 GHz unlicensed radio transceivers. Use of RF network and spectrum analyzers to verify designs. Communication protocol development using Bluetooth / BLE / Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 / Zigbee, or ANT personal network protocols.
- At least 3 years embedded system design, including deployment of a released-to-market product.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using oscilloscopes, logic/communication analyzers.
- Experience in embedded C software development. Skill with debuggers, version control, bug tracking, and automated test.
- Experience in wired CAN Bus communication protocol implementations.
- Complementary hardware experience could include designing with motor driver / controller systems, ADCs, DACs, low-noise data acquisition, high-speed memory, LCDs, sensor ICs, or strain gauges.
- Complementary software skills could include IoT systems development, microprocessor peripheral configuration, embedded driver development, Linux/gcc/make development environments, or Python scripting for test automation.
- Development within established agile development methodologies and automated continuous integration.
- Designing for high-reliability systems. Six sigma design-for-manufacturability, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), design of experiments (DoE), statistical analysis, and electrical assembly yield improvement.
- Working within a quality-driven culture, where brand reputation is made or lost based on the reliability of released products.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Ability to travel internationally to work with a globally distributed team, including 1-3 one-week trips per year to locations in US, Europe, and Asia.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.