Engineering and Design
Embedded (Hardware/Software) Design Engineer (m/w/d)
Contribute to the electrical hardware and software engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of cycling components. Join a growing team with a big impact on our company’s innovation and market success. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and creation of quality products.
- Participate in full lifecycle software / firmware development. Contribute to device-side embedded C running on ARM microprocessors. Develop device driver and application library code for broad re-use across our mechatronic components
- Lead design, layout, and verification of mixed signal hardware designs, including microprocessors, serial communications, sensors, electromechanical systems, motor drivers
- Design and test prototype printed circuit boards. Work closely with vendors on PCB stackup design and PCBA design for manufacturability
- Author design documentation. Write well designed, testable code. Conduct and contribute to hardware design and code reviews.
- Support projects from inception through launch within a global team setting. Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts. Collaborate with mechanical, embedded software, test, and manufacturing engineers to develop jointly optimized designs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US, Europe, and Asia)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years embedded system design, including deployment of a released-to-market product
- Embedded C software development. Skill with debuggers, version control, bug tracking, and automated test
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using bench equipment (oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required
- Excellent understanding of DC motor behavior, ability to design and tune motor control algorithms
- Experience with design and layout of motor control circuits for BLDC motor.
- Proficiency with sensing technology for mechanical measurements (e.g. torque, rpm, position)
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.