Engineering and Design
Engineering Equipment Specialist
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Use engineering principles to design, implement and maintain equipment (mechanical and electrical systems, tooling, fixtures, and machinery) which enable SRAM technical teams (including test lab, engineering, Electrical & Software Engineering, and other teams) to provide high-quality output to their customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be an exceptional team member to the Engineering Equipment Team (local and global) as well as all customers. This includes work ethic, positive attitude, collaborator, and problem solver.
- Work with and support Senior Engineering Equipment Specialist and Engineering Operations Manager to complete tasks as needed/assigned.
- Perform maintenance related activities as per scheduled needs and support emergent repairs as needed.
- Participate in monthly Global TEQ calls.
- With support from the Senior Engineering Equipment Specialist, own new equipment, and fixture design from concept to implementation for COS internal customers, or other internal global customers as assigned.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to create fixture and machine specifications, establish project timelines and cost estimates.
- Independently design and document robust equipment and fixtures.
- Create, review and select appropriate technical concept to meet customer needs.
- Work with Senior Engineering Equipment Specialist and Engineering Operation Manager to track and report progress of all equpiment and fixture projects.
- Work closely with internal customers, the machine shop, and external suppliers (as needed) to meet project needs and timelines.
- Support initiatives of the global test team as assigned.
- Be available to provide guidance on equipment function and maintenance to various teams and locations as needed.
- 2+ years’ working with fixture design, machining experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Basic understanding and use of design and engineering principles
- Creo and GDT experience (preferred)
- Basic understanding of software programming (including LabView), electronic circuitry and PCB design
- Working/hands on knowledge of equipment design, installation, and maintenance of machines
- Basic understanding in testing principles and equipment/fixtures
- Basic hands-on knowledge of machining practices and equipment including CNC mills and lathes
- Experience developing, building, and sourcing equipment/fixtures
- Basic knowledge in equipment/fixture design
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of bicycle mechanics is a plus
- Working in the machine shop and test lab with large equipment
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $50,000 up to +20% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.