Engineering and Design
Engineering Document Specialist
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
As an Engineering Documentation Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting engineering teams, team leaders, product managers and sales.
- Engineering Document Control for support of product development activities: create, check, correct, and release ECR/ECN’s, 3-D data, drawings, and documents specific to new product development (LPD)
- Develop systems and best practices in this area, for use by Document Control and engineering team members
- Engineering Document Control for support of Custom Product Line Extension activities: create, check, correct, and release ECR/ECN’s, 3-D data, drawings, and documents
- Ensure conformance to SRAM global drawings standards and practices
- Modeling and Drafting support for Engineering Teams; including drawing creation, revision modifications and corrections as well as 3-D model changes in support of ECR/ECNs
- Utilize understanding of PTC Windchill Product Structure and compatibilities to create BOMs and FG drawings based on specifications provided with minimal guidance.
- Collaborate with Global PLM team on continuous improvements (Custom Product Line Extensions, Product Structure, ECR/ECN)
- High School Diploma required
- A minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience with document control and/or engineering change management
- Working knowledge of PTC Creo software for 3-D models (revisions), assembly (revisions) and drawings (revisions and new drawing creation). Knowledge of PTC Windchill (PLM) software (or similar complete PLM systems) for ECR/ECN work, product structure and data. Working knowledge of SAP software. MS Office software skills required.
- Previous experience should include working with a “PLM” system for product data and engineering change management, 3-D modeling and drafting – expertise with PTC software preferred
- Proven ability to work creatively, analytically and with a global focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $50,000 + up to 20% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.