Engineering and Design
Engineering Operations Manager
United States, Illinois, Chicago
We are looking for an Engineering Operations Manager to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, climb at the local indoor rock climbing gym, or lunch on the balcony in between all the engineering fun. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, secure, and inclusive work environment.
- Lead Engineering Operations comprising of test lab, machine shop, prototyping, and metrology
- Provide technical leadership to lab resources and machinists
- Develop and manage annual expense and capital budgets
- Drive continuous improvement while coaching and developing team in proper use and understanding of LEAN fundamentals
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and prioritization of work
- May perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering operations role and 5+ years of people management
- Background in consumer products and electro-mechanical products
- Experience in new product development
- Experience in deploying Verification & Validation test strategies
- Leading and developing test process, design and analysis
- Robotics, Mechatronics, or electrical product design
- Experience with LabView architectures and programming
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.