United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
Make prototype rims and wheels per engineering guidelines to help in the development of part designs and manufacturing processes.
- Make prototype rims and wheels per verbal and written instructions from engineers. This includes the processes of raw material cutting, preforming, molding, drilling, and wheel building.
- Clearly explain to engineers the problems that are found when making parts.
- Maintain preforming equipment at the operator skill level.
- Create training content for how to make new designs using the Training within Industry process and use that to teach production operators.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with ability to solve basic geometry and trigonometry problems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a hands-on manufacturing or small parts assembly environment
- Good mechanical aptitude required
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Excellent manual dexterity required
- Fluent in English and basic reading and writing skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to change tasks often is required
- Experience doing bike builds or repairs in a retail shop is a plus
- Ability to continuously stand or walk at least 90% of the time
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, lift frequently, and reach 40 inches
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds up to 20 times per day
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.