Engineering and Design
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Work directly with Design Engineering, Quality, Product Management, and Test team members to support Product Development of bicycle suspension.
- Machining and fabrication of prototype parts
- Assembly and testing of prototype designs
- Assess fork samples for proper function and investigate root causes of performance issues
- Provide product serviceability and performance feedback to Design Engineers
- Guide team members in bicycle assembly and maintenance in support of ride testing and product development
- Help maintain the Engineering Workshop and Colorado Springs Warehouse to a high standard of cleanliness and organization
- Support visits to customers and SRAM locations, when required, to assist in troubleshooting issues or to provide training on suspension products
- Assist in other activities that may include product launches, pilot run support, media event support, STU training, and continuous improvement (CI) activities
- 3+ years of bicycle related mechanic experience with expert level proficiency
- Experience with machining, prototype construction and fabrication in an engineering development environment; high level of proficiency with manual mill and lathe
- Comfortable testing and tuning high-performance mountain bike suspension systems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative team player who can also exhibit a high level of autonomy
- Adaptive to changing priorities
- A desire to elevate and maintain the quality and performance of SRAM suspension products The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Base salary min $38,000 up to +20% based on skills and experience level.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.