Field Guide - Northwest (Oregon)
United States | Remote
SRAM’s focus on building customer loyalty, building stronger relationships with key customers and retailers. Educating, supporting, and promoting SRAM products, while investing in community building, are key to our success. Dedicated to increasing retail partner loyalty and advocacy for the SRAM brands. This role will manage direct key retail partners across segments and markets, while developing partnerships focused on OE & DI sales teams, riders, advocacy efforts, and grassroots marketing with the goal of achieving maximum lifetime value from the entire customer base.
- Visit and build relationships with key retailers.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with key SRAM OE and AM customer’s sales reps.
- Educate key retailers on SRAM products – commercially and technically.
- Support and identify key OE Bike Brand and Aftermarket events at SRAM and partner locations.
- Organize and support OE and Aftermarket grassroots activities linked to product introductions.
- Be the main contact to OE and Aftermarket customer representatives for training, information on new products, shop visits.
- Manage a small bike fleet for test / customer rides, product, and promotional stock.
- Support brand marketing messaging and retail co-marketing efforts through key social media channels.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in business, marketing, sales, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years professional experience with the outdoor and/or bicycle industry, with a focus on retail marketing/sales or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of SRAM products and its competitors
- Shows genuine interest and curiosity about customers’ business needs and thinks creatively about how we can help solve those issues.
- Proficient communication skills – written, oral and live in front of an audience
- Experience with key digital marketing channels, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) preferred.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, such as Salesforce, HubsSpot, Insightly, or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time, mostly within territory.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time to meet with customers (up to 6 hours)
- Flexibility in travel and work hours to support customer needs.
- Current and sustained clean driving record
- Ability to stand at events for long periods of time
- Ability to ride a bike preferred
- Ability to lift up to a minimum of 50 lbs.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations are required for this position, subject to applicable law
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.