Engineering and Design
Lead QA Engineer Automation
United States | Hybrid
As Lead QA Engineer you will own the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive automated system integration suite to replace the predominance of our current manual release testing.
- Develop test automation suites, infrastructures, and processes within an Agile organization
- Delivery of initial base framework within a few sprints to show progress, initial ROI, and to build the confidence of the organization
- Implement automated feature testing of our cycling computer system
- Championing the automation initiative to avoid atrophy of the direction over time
- As subject matter expert, lead QA team in transition to automated testing
- Increase team efficiency
- Coaching manual testers and helping to grow them into automation engineers
- Exercise influence through positive team behaviors and interactions
- Android-based UI automation testing
- Website automation testing
- Integration testing across systems
- Test management, deployment, and automated execution
- Writing Android-based automation tests in Appium, Espresso, or similar
- Writing browser-based automation test in Selenium or similar
- Orchestrating system-level automation testing across Web, Android, and OTA systems
- Experience with Jenkins, Containers, and Git to execute, deploy, and manage test infrastructure
- Strong development skills in one or more applicable programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience using pull request for review with Git, GitHub
- Cloud experience such as AWS, and containers
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent professional experience required
- You operated with a high degree of ownership and motivation toward outcomes.
- You are curious and aspire to learn, impact the outcomes, and expand your capabilities over time.
- You are comfortable and effective working in a hybrid work environment (2-3 days in office/2-3 days working from home.
- You have demonstrated capacity as a valuable member of an overall high-performing cross-functional, and self-organizing Agile team.
- You interface well with engineering management, developers, and manual QA roles
- You exhibit strong team-orientation and ability to balance the overall team output against your own contribution.
- You are highly dependable and consistent
- You are able to work independently while asking for help in a timely fashion as needed.
- Generally requires 4 years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer with experience in automated testing of web and mobile, or as a developer; experience testing embedded systems is a bonus
- Experience as a Senior or Lead level engineer preferred
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $135,000 + up to 25% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.