Engineering and Design
Mobile Test Engineering Manager
United States, South Dakota, Spearfish | United States, Illinois, Chicago
The Mobile Test Engineering Manager will lead, manage, and inspire a SRAM Digital Product Group software engineering team. You will have responsibility as both an individual contributor and as a team leader in the design/development of mobile application testing and delivery systems. As an individual contributor, you will perform hands-on software design/development. As a team leader, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to a function/team comprised of direct reports and/or matrixed resources.
- Drive end-to-end quality of mobile and embedded software systems with effective automation of unit level, component level and system level testing.
- Oversee automated and manual quality assurance testing operations
- Create and implement a roadmap for the development of automated test systems and strategy.
- Ensure design and code of testing systems reviews, analysis of code components and code coverage of unit test cases.
- Drive changes in system architecture to achieve high field and delivery reliability, robustness and security.
- Understand end user issues in the field, create methods to systemically reduce field issues
- Train new quality assurance staff members in testing methods and standards
- Work collaboratively with development teams to resolve issues
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience with development, implementation and operation of software testing systems, including software unit tests and hardware in the loop tests.
- 2+ years of experience as a leader or key member of a software development team
- Direct experience with automated software testing systems
- Demonstrated success leading software teams
- Software System engineering fundamentals
- Mentoring/training engineers
- Clear and candid communication skills, both written and verbal
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.