Engineering and Design
Senior Engineering Document Specialist
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
We are looking for an Engineering Document team member to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering work areas allow access to work on your own bicycle or learn hands-on skills. Meet your teammates for a lunchtime ride, yoga, or other outdoors-related activities between all the excitement of being involved in creating world-class bicycle componentry. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components. As a Senior Engineering Documentation Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting engineering teams, team leaders, product managers, and sales.
- Engineering Document Control for support of product development activities: create, check, correct, and release ECR/ECNs, 3-D data, drawings, and documents specific to new product development (LPD)
- Develop systems and best practices in this area, for use by Document Control and engineering team members
- Engineering Document Control for support of Custom Product Line Extension activities: create, check, correct, and release ECR/ECNs, 3-D data, drawings, and documents
- Develop systems and practices in this area, for use by Document Control and engineering team members
- Create, update, and ensure adherence to ECR/ECN procedures and Best Practices
- Ensure conformance to SRAM global drawings standards and practices
- Modeling and Drafting support for Engineering Teams; including drawing creation, revision modifications, and corrections as well as 3-D model changes in support of ECR/ECNs
- Utilize understanding of PTC Windchill Product Structure and compatibilities to create BOMs and FG drawings based on specifications provided with minimal guidance.
- Lead the team efforts influencing document control/engineering document and process changes
- Influence and collaborate with the Global PLM team on continuous improvements (Custom Product Line Extensions, Product Structure, ECR/ECN)
- High School Diploma required
- 5+ years of experience with Engineering Document Control and 3-D CAD in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of PTC Creo software for 3-D models (revisions), assembly (revisions), and drawings (revisions and new drawing creation). Expert knowledge of PTC Windchill (PLM) software (or similar complete PLM systems) for ECR/ECN work, product structure, and data. Working knowledge of SAP software. MS Office software skills required.
- Proven ability to work creatively, analytically, and with a global focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $60,000 + up to 20% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.