The Patent Attorney will join SRAM’s innovative and collaborative legal center, focusing on patent preparation and prosecution in a broad range of mechanical and electromechanical technologies representing the entire SRAM development environment.
- Interface with inventors and engineering managers to identify inventions and precisely define inventive content
- Independently identify strategic opportunities for patent portfolio expansion
- Communicate and coordinate patent portfolio development strategies with SRAM IP department and Business Operations colleagues
- Personally prepare and prosecute patents through the USPTO
- Manage the preparation and prosecution of patents by outside counsel in the US and other jurisdictions
- Proactively incorporate time and cost considerations in building and maintaining SRAM’s patent portfolio
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent engineering discipline
- Juris Doctor (JD) from a recognized US law school and an active State bar admission
- USPTO registration required
- 3+ years of relevant patent prosecution experience preferred
- Practical experience in design, development, or test engineering environments a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team is a plus
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.