United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
Located close enough to the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway to hear the buzz of race cars, SRAM’s Indy location, home to Zipp, passionately pursues speed and innovation. The 80,000 square foot facility is home to manufacturing for Zipp wheels as well as critical office functions for SRAM and all of its brands. Lead a team and manage operations of all production areas to ensure that safety, volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved in the production of Zipp wheels at our Indianapolis, IN facility. In addition to leading the production team, the Production Manager will work with cross-functional leaders throughout the entire lifecycle of the product to ensure consistency and quality of products. The Production Manager is responsible for fostering a positive work environment through effective coaching, mentoring, and motivation.
- Own the plant culture and be a catalyst for positive change, assist in prioritization and remove barriers for the team.
- Lead and develop a team of supervisors and process engineers to ensure operations run smoothly including product flow, talent management, continuous improvement, and that day-to-day activities are optimized to manufacture products that meet customer expectations every time and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Plan and establish work schedules, staffing requirements, and production flow to maximize productivity.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to increase production throughput, while maintaining the highest possible standards of quality, reliability and delivery.
- Maintain and develop department wide manufacturing processes and metrics to measure and then optimize productivity in all areas utilizing Lean principles.
- Promote the use of Continuous Improvement principles to effectively utilize resources and evolve our production systems based upon company goals.
- Promote an environment where everyone has a voice and we learn from our mistakes.
- Identify and develop talent within the plant to support the growth and capability of our team.
- Manage department expenses, capital, and personal budgets.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or a similar field plus 7 year’s experience in a manufacturing environment, or in absence of a Bachelors degree, you will have 8 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience transitioning products and process from prototype to production.
- Experience with design for manufacturability.
- Demonstrated ability to promote an environment where everyone has a voice and we learn from our mistakes.
- Proven leadership demonstrated by the ability to lead team members and get results through others in a rapidly changing environment with competing demands and tight timelines.
- Ability to motivate and delegate authority to the appropriate team member.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal, presentation and written) cross functionally.
- Experience thriving in a multi-cultural and inclusive environment.
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Carbon Fiber experience preferred.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.