United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
The Safety Specialist is responsible to lead and maintain an effective Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System for SRAM Indianapolis facility. The Safety Specialist is the onsite subject matter expert, providing people-centered and technical guidance concerning site EHS matters. The Safety Specialist promotes health and safety leadership at all levels. They lead by example that safety is a way of life and demonstrates a passion for people in an injury-free workplace.
- Partners with leadership, all departments, and people to continuously improve safety culture, training, awareness, and accountability systems.
- Perform GEMBA walks within facility, inspect equipment and work areas for unsafe conditions, and recommend improvements.
- Create and conduct workplace EHS plans and procedures, including the site Emergency Action Plan, new hire trainings, job specific trainings, and refreshers for office and manufacturing team members.
- Revamp and lead the Indianapolis Safety Committee.
- Handle worker's compensation claims in the event of a workplace accident
- Lead and coach team members on incident investigation activities, root cause analysis, corrective action, and closure. Recommend and support preventive measures to prevent future incidents.
- Participate in EHS inspections, self-assessments and audits, including maintenance of safety data sheets.
- Lead site environmental program initiatives; including required environmental permits, reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping.
- Participate in ergonomic and safety assessments.
- Consult with all departments on design and use of equipment, chemicals introduced into the workplace, disposal of waste, fire prevention and safety programs including the need for industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Creating and post Safety Talks and other motivational safety messages.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment in a safety role
- Must have successfully completed 30-hour OSHA course
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and RCRA preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to lead by example and provide coaching to others in a respectful way
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to connect and develop trusting relationships with team members at all levels within the organization.
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, investigate and evaluate information gathered about a situation, propose a solution, and communicate effectively to all parties involved.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to handle sensitive, confidential, and/or personal information
- Must thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be able to flex schedule between 1st and 2nd shifts to be able to support and communicate with teams during those hours
- Ability to stand or walk the floor approximately 60%
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.