Engineering and Design
Senior Industrial Designer
United States, Illinois, Chicago
SRAM is seeking creative and motivated Industrial Designers with senior-level design-work experience to join our Chicago Road Design team. The designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry-leading Road drivetrains. This position is located in SRAM’s Global HQ in Chicago’s West Loop. We are hiring for 2 openings, applicants will be considered for associate and mid-levels of this role based on skills and experience.
- Outstanding visualization skills, a refined sense of form, an understanding of human factors, and rapid idea/concept generation skills
- A strong understanding of user needs
- Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance
- Build compelling stories to communicate design direction to your design team members and the larger product development team
- Coordinate with design team partners like finish, graphics and finish engineering to meet defined requirements
- A strong understanding of design for manufacturing; forging, die-casting, injection molding, and machining
- Work with Design engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry
- On time delivery of solutions that meet product development timelines
- Work well in a cross functional environment with team-mates that include product Management, Design Engineering and Advanced design
- Support MarCom and PM product launches and presentations with applicable materials
- Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process
- A positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback are required
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited university
- Clear proficiency of Senior Designer level work and relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams
- Proficient at 3D CAD (Pro-E preferred)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 15% travel
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.