Engineering and Design
Senior Industrial Designer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
SRAM is seeking a creative and motivated Industrial Designer with senior level design experience to join our Colorado design team. The designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry leading mountain bike suspension and brakes.
- Work cross functionally to provide industrial design problem-solving, concepts, CAD models and design for manufacturing.
- Create compelling new products by tapping into the end user’s needs.
- Work with Design engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry.
- Follow through with 3D CAD design and delivery for on time solutions for our product development timelines.
- Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance.
- Build compelling stories to communicate design direction with your design team members and the larger product development team.
- Coordinate with design team partners to meet defined requirements.
- Support Marcom and PM product launches and presentations with applicable materials.
- Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited University.
- 7 years of relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams.
- 2D visualization skills, a refined sense of form, a working understanding of human factors, and rapid idea/concept generation skills are required.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturing.
- Positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback required.
- Proficient at 3D CAD (Pro-E preferred).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 15% travel.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.