Engineering and Design
Software Engineer (Embedded)
As part of a talented team of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and others, this role will work to deliver new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world.
- In this role, you will help us bring new products into production while evolving our firmware development test automation systems. We have a highly collaborative team of electrical, mechanical and software engineers. We are eager to talk if you are a systems thinker who is excited about strengthening team testing culture.
- Check out the following overview of a recent project, SRAM AXS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbJRmNgD8E
- Skills you will use and gain experience in as part of this role: continuous integration platforms, Linux, and working with an international cross-functional team.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Improve the reliability and performance of our test and build processes, including our existing Python and C test framework.
- Pro-actively collaborate with the team to improve and document development work flows related to CI and automated testing
- Collaborate with firmware team to create automated tests to investigate defects, participate in debugging, and validate fixes.
- Research test automation approaches and trends. Disseminate proposed changes and best practices to coworkers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. (required)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance (highly preferred)
- Experience with embedded hardware/software platforms (highly preferred)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written (highly preferred)
- Proficiency with Linux and Python (highly preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration platforms, either as a user or maintainer (preferred)
- Experience in an international cross-functional team (preferred)
- The Software Engineer in Test position is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date. Due to COVID-19 we are open to negotiating a remote start date and separate relocation date, based on the selected candidate’s situation
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.