Engineering and Design
Software Engineering at SRAM / SOFTWAREENTWICKLER (w/m/d)
Chicago, Illinois, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Schweinfurt, Germany, Spearfish, South Dakota
As part of our global team, software engineers at SRAM work to deliver new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world. SRAM is constantly recruiting for talented individuals to contribute to our embedded, mobile, web frontend, web backend, and test infrastructure efforts. These positions are intended to work onsite in one our primary SRAM locations: Chicago IL USA, Colorado Springs CO USA, Schweinfurt Bavaria Germany, or Spearfish SD USA. (Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to a SRAM office locationthe Chicago area by an agreed upon date. Due to COVID-19 we are open to negotiating a remote start date and separate relocation date, based on the selected candidate’s situation.) *NOTE: to be considered for opportunities in Schweinfurt, Germany please send application materials directly to [email protected]
- Architect, build, deploy, and maintain software for one or more of our platforms: Embedded product firmware in C and Python, Mobile applications for iOS or Android, Backend services and infrastructure on cloud platforms using a variety of RESTful APIs and frameworks, or DevOps & Test infrastructure in Python on Linux-based and cloud platforms.
- Application of source control technologies such as Subversion and Git, build management, debuggers, bug tracking, and automated test.
- Design for secure authentication, data transfer, and storage. Understand security risks and contribute to threat analysis.
- Communicate with product owners and end users and translate their input into more insightful requirements and test cases.
- Conduct and contribute to code reviews for software, as well as participate in design reviews for relevant adjacent designs.
- Develop within an established agile software development workflow. Own, estimate, and track progress for tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market goals.
- A variety of roles are available, based on an individual's professional software development experience, from new graduates to engineers with decades of experience. Generally, a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is relevant to our roles.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US and Europe).
- NOTE: to be considered for opportunities in Schweinfurt, Germany please send application materials directly to [email protected]
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.