The Sourcing Manager , Mechanical is responsible for Suppliers Selection and Suppliers Managements for Mechanical commodity. The individual in this role will proactively seek new suppliers and lead supplier development efforts, partnering with our Purchasing, Supplier Quality, and Supplier Development Engineering Teams to ensure SRAM’s supply base can meet current and future customer needs.
- Select supplier which best meets project requirements.
- Gathers Quotations & Conducts Pricing Review/Negotiation on parts and tooling.
- Evaluates Supplier and sub suppliers Lead time, Capacity , tooling, capability ,Process Award business to supplier & 12 month rolling forecast discussions for long lead time items preparation.
- Optimize cost, lead time, payment term and estimated cost improvement on LPD projects. Development and execution of sourcing strategy for responsible commodity.
- Build depth within the supply chain under responsible commodity
- Ensure supplier readiness on material, machines, manpower and process before mass production.
- Lead supplier qualification and supplier scorecard.
- Supplier Agreement, NDA, MOC, Supplier manual requirements renew if any.
- Drive suppliers CIP for SRAM.
- Periodical price review and negotiation with suppliers.
- Support PUR and Quality team on issues with impact to production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Related Field (required)
- 5 years experience in Sourcing, Engineering and/or Supply Chain (required)
- Good interpersonal, project management and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Negotiation methodology
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Highly organized self-starter
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems and use good judgment
- Technical detail-oriented
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with sourcing mechanical components
- Knowledge on mechanical process
- Familiar with supply chain and ordering process
- Fluent in English
- Certificate of Procurement and Supply Chain (preferred)
- Experience with Total Cost of Ownership (preferred)
- Knowledge of world class quality techniques and implementation (preferred)
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO and other recognized international quality system standards (preferred)
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.