Sourcing Manager, Mechanical
The Sourcing Manager, Mechanical is responsible for supplier selection and managements for electronics commodity. The individual in this role will proactively seek new suppliers and lead supplier development efforts, partnering with our Purchasing, Supplier Quality, and Engineering teams to ensure SRAM’s supply base can meet current and future customer needs.
- LPD projects
- Select suppliers that best meet project requirements.
- Gather quotes & conduct pricing review/negotiation on parts and tooling.
- Evaluate supplier and sub suppliers lead time, capacity, tooling, capability and process
- Resolve conflicts in supplier selection
- Award business to supplier & 12 month rolling forecast discussions for long lead time items preparation.
- Optimize cost, lead time, payment terms and estimated productivity on LPD projects
- Sourcing strategy development for critical parts
- Build depth of sourcing knowledge on supply chain of commodity
- Ensure suppliers readiness on material, machines, manpower for mass production.
- Mass Production
- Support SQA and PUR team on quality and delivery issues.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical parts sources.
- Supplier Agreement, NDA, MOC, supplier manual requirements renewal, if needed.
- Drive suppliers CIP for SRAM
- Periodical price review and negotiation
- Supplier Selection on MIP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mechanical Engineering or Related Field
- Minimum 5 years experience in Sourcing, Engineering and/or Supply Chain
- Negotiation methodology
- Knowledge on mechanical manufacturing process
- Familiar with supply chain and ordering process
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.