Engineering and Design
Sustaining Design Engineer
United States, California, San Luis Obispo
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and leading improvements to existing products for the front drivetrain of a bicycle.
- Design and lead improvements to existing products that reduce cost, improve quality, and/or increase customer satisfaction.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly communicate, collaborate and consult with other engineers and product development team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories, and with suppliers.
- Mitigate risks by utilizing solid engineering science principles and through proactive design analysis.
- Provide input for the development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional mechanical design experience required.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes; such as CNC machining/turning, stamping, and forging.
- CAD experience required. Creo Parametric (Pro/Engineer) experience is strongly desired.
- Experience applying a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, and tolerance analysis.
- Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) experience such as Windchill is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year for approximately one week at a time.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.