Engineering and Design
United States, California, San Luis Obispo
To drive product development projects to target launch and stable production, keep the organization informed about project progress, barriers, and successes and improve Quality, Execution, and Productivity. The Team Lead will support the Drivetrain product line at our SLO office.
- Lead development teams in achieving the following:
- Define and monitor project duration and cost within project launch targets
- Meet or exceed project target dates for finished part and assembly requirements
- Satisfy customer needs, including COGS and specifications
- Ensure production readiness and quality planning.
- Facilitate effective communication and resolution of conflicts involving scheduling, costing, and resources with the team, development center, and across the global organization.
- Promote ongoing and timely communication standards, including project status and metrics within software platforms and accepted means.
- Foster a team environment to pursue meaningful product innovation while managing tradeoffs between design and product requirements within schedule.
- Faster-than-average pace while recognizing and adjusting to change.
- Ability to learn quickly, and thoroughly with strong attention to detail.
- Setting and achieving specific standards, priorities, and objectives for self and others; an emphasis on schedule and quality.
- Effectively lead large teams without direct authority.
- Develop relationships and networks outside of the immediate development team, including product managers, team leaders, and factories.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in project or team management.
- 3+ years of Engineering and/or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Participation in product development processes as an individual contributor for a minimum of 3 development cycles.
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Willingness to travel to Asia and other development locations up to 30% of the time. Willingness to spend extended periods at Asia factories for 2-3 weeks during production startup or other critical times in the project life cycle.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.