Engineering and Design
Team Lead - Project Manager (Drivetrain)
To drive product development projects to target launch and stable production, keep the organization informed about project progress, barriers, successes and improve Quality, Execution and Productivity. The Team Lead will support the Drivetrain product line in our Chicago location.
- Lead development teams as they define and monitor project duration and cost within project launch targets
- Guide teams to meet or exceed project target dates for finished part and assembly requirements
- Manage projects to satisfy customer needs, including COGS and specifications
- Provide leadership to ensure production readiness and quality planning
- Facilitate effective communication and resolution of conflicts involving schedule, costing and resources with team, development center and across global organization
- Promote ongoing and timely communication standards, including project status and metrics within software platforms and accepted means
- Foster a team environment to pursue meaningful product innovation while managing tradeoffs between design and product requirements within schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in project or team management.
- 3+ years Engineering and/or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Participation in product development processes as an individual contributor for a minimum of 3 development cycles.
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Willingness to travel to Asia and other development locations up to 30% of the time. Willingness to spend extended periods at Asia factories for 2-3 weeks during production startup or other critical times in the project life cycle.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.