Technical Training Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
To lead technical training at SRAM for internal and external audiences, including dealers, distributors, OE assembly, front line support teams, new hires, and riders.
- Lead the STU program to meet short- and long-term goals for global success.
- Lead strategy development and delivery of high-quality training in both traditional and digital formats
- Manage global STU Online program including platform management, identification of content needs, and project management.
- Work with GoToMarket teams to ensure all training needs and sample are identified, scheduled, and supported.
- Ensue all market facing training talent is prepared, knowledgeable, and supported with materials to train on current product, technologies, and upcoming launches.
- Support live and digital training for internal stakeholders, including development and management of LMS365 for front line support teams.
- Maintain and update single source for training materials.
- Establish and implement effective metrics to evaluate ROI on training activities and report to the organization.
- Lead, train, evaluate, and supervise STU training coordinators.
- Work with TechCom or MarCom resources to develop, produce, and deliver content.
- Strategize and implement methods for increasing knowledge retention.
- Work closely with Product and Brand Management and other subject matter experts to develop and maintain training materials and other related content.
- Assess training needs and feedback through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and consultations
- Build, review, and allocate annual budgets for training department cost centers.
- Assist with other training department tasks as needed
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a trainer of technical information and/or project management experience preferred
- Strong project and people management skills
- Strong content production, writing, and editing skills.
- Strong customer service background
- Able to provide coaching, constructive feedback, and direction to peers and co-workers.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles, Strong Communication, Presentation, & Organization Skills
- High level technical knowledge of SRAM family components
- Strong mechanic skills – must be able to install, tune, and maintain components
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts and create concise technical documentation to support training
- Ability to select the right communication medium and methods for the audience and analyze the user experience to deliver the optimal technical training
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 20%. A valid Passport is required.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary range is $70,000 + up to 15% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.