Engineering and Design
Test Development Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
To test and validate SRAM products from concept through to production. Duties include establishing test plans, developing new test fixtures and equipment, coordination of laboratory and field testing, and creation of test procedures and processes across global test labs.
- Lead the development of new tests, procedures, and test machines.
- Utilize testing to help design engineers improve product performance.
- Apply statistics and reliability to develop test plans to verify and validate designs.
- Analyze test data to identify key failures, trends, and/or critical performance factors of design prototypes.
- Communicate test status updates for all responsible projects to product development teams.
- Resolve complex engineering issues associated with testing by collaborating with development teams.
- Drive testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and equipment, resulting in high quality data.
- Train office, field, and/or laboratory staff and entry level engineers.
- Utilize continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- 1 year of relevant professional work experience (including internship).
- Preferred background in testing, automation, instrumentation and design validation.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- Strong communication skills – both technical and interpersonal.
- Strong organization skills – able to effectively manage multiple project tasks.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team as needed.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.