Engineering and Design
As of 2022, Hammerhead has been acquired by SRAM, a leading manufacturer of innovative bicycle components. Hammerhead sits at the intersection of technology and athletics, and we have begun with a contradiction we identified in cycling tech: its digital technology is decades behind its material technology. Our mission is to inspire & empower all people to unlock their athletic potential through cycling. As a UX Designer at Hammerhead, you will work closely with our Product team to support multiple product lines, as well as bring to life a world-class end-user experience. This will involve collaboration with the Product, Software, and Industrial Design teams to design and implement a cohesive vision to solve our current and future customers’ problems in ways that build upon our existing products. Your experience will help maintain a user-centered perspective across our design decisions. Your creativity will be put to use in brainstorming ways to solve cyclists’ problems and applying proven design methods to the latest technology when possible. All this while designing, testing, and evaluating our current and future generations of software. The right candidate is a strong product designer that strives to make simple, effortless user experiences. They are analytical generalists, passionate about best practices and emerging UX patterns as well as polished visual design. They are comfortable owning a project from start to finish — from the first customer interview to public release. They enjoy discovering reusable patterns and frameworks for a better, faster design process. They understand the importance of brand, including others, sharing wins, and have developed techniques for effective collaboration and consensus-building.
- Assist in the planning and scoping of design efforts
- Work with product to create compelling product solutions and define the incremental path to get there
- Identify key risks, and collaborate with other designers to test customer sentiment and behavior
- Participate in and facilitate brainstorms, design reviews, and other collaborations that help the team win together
- Design thoughtful, meticulous end-to-end experiences that consider the happy path and where users are most likely to stray from it
- Iterate from “version 1” to “version right” with rapid prototyping and usability tests
- Delight cyclists with beautiful, intuitive designs that make tasks quicker and easier
- Promote UX standardization by using and contributing to the Design System and other internal initiatives
- Evangelize the value of design by sharing success stories, things you've learned, etc.
- You are an athlete and ride and/or train with data. Cycling experience is a plus.
- Your portfolio demonstrates an iterative design process, complex problem-solving, and successful outcomes
- Refined user research skills such as research planning, conducting interviews, synthesis, and usability testing
- Proficiency in Figma, JIRA, Maze, Dovetail or their equivalents
- Proficiency and experience in designing meaningful and useful data visualizations with an understanding of balancing breadth of data with users cognitive load.
- The ability to solve niche, complex UX/UI problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent design craft and systems thinking
- Technical understanding and curiosity
- 5+ years of professional applied experience in a product design setting
- 7+ years creative experience overall
- Experience and willingness to work remotely with teammates across the globe
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.