Engineering and Design
Product Graphics Intern
The SRAM Design Department is seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to intern with the Chicago based Product Graphics team. As an intern you will be challenged with developing industry leading product graphics that elevate our bicycle products through the innovative use of graphics, finishes and branding. Interns are given the freedom to creatively solve design problems on projects and are an active design team member. You will support the product graphics team with research, concept creation and technical drawings. Our internship focuses on building and strengthening skills that can be best learned through professional job experience. At the end of the internship, interns present a product graphic portfolio that showcases their ability to creatively solve design problems.
- Support the development of projects form concept through production
- Individual exploration of blue-sky concept-projects
- Creation of a portfolio containing all work completed at SRAM
- BA/BS/BFA (working towards or recently completed) in Graphic Design or related field
- The ability to create compelling logos, custom type, graphics, textures and icons
- Adept at developing appropriate designs for an intended market
- An eagerness to learn color, finish, and artwork application processes
- An understanding of how to apply 2D art on 3D forms
- Proficient using Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to handle many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented with strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic and passionate about design
- Ability to work and thrive in a global team environment
- All applications must include a cover letter, resume and a portfolio of original design work in either a web based or PDF (10MB max) format. If you choose to submit an online portfolio please include the URL in your resume or cover letter. Applicants who fail to meet these requirements will not be considered.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.