The SRAM Technical Training specialist will develop and deliver product education that will support our industry partners, internal teams, cycling education partners, and OEM manufacturers. This person is a product expert, a source of truth, and is tasked with understanding all SRAM technologies and how they benefit the rider’s experience on the bike. The ideal candidate is a talented storyteller, passionate bike rider, and understands how a product is positioned within the SRAM portfolio and the industry at large.
- Distill the complex technologies that make up SRAM products into tangible, educational, and effective messages creating brand awareness in the UK and Northern-Europe.
- Co-Develop SRAM Curriculum and deliver in person, on camera, and in print.
- Provide effective and motivating education to all that attend and provide a positive influence to help bolster SRAM relationships.
- Coordinate with Account Managers to develop and deliver training to Distributors, Service Centers, & Assemblers to uphold SRAM standards and ensure the best support for our retailers and riders.
- Ensure all Distributor & Tech Center locations have consistent touch points for service education, retail training, operations review, and quality control.
- Answer technical product queries with in-depth knowledge of SRAM products, including current and previous product lines.
- Identify new issues as they occur in the market and adjust SRAM Curriculum to it.
- Regularly communicate trends to Quality Department for continuous improvement.
- Conduct annual training courses for technical sales and service skills for each model year.
- Support OE Assembly Training team as needed.
- Support SRAM Training programs with a focus on SRAM distributors, coordinate the STU Online LMS, and deliver training to internal SRAM teams and employees.
- Support training at industry events at customer locations.
- Partner with industry training programs to best leverage SRAM goals.
- Function as an information conduit with internal and external stakeholders to promote awareness of training effort.
- Passion for cycling
- Relevant bicycle Industry experience with mechanical aptitude (5+years)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Project management experience and ability to build schedules, communications, and logistics.
- Ability to build presentations and thrive on presenting to a group and camera.
- Successfully manage multiple demanding tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed (Internationally and domestic)
- Bike retail experience is a plus