Engineering and Design
Applied Research Engineer
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Directly influence product and testing innovation by instrumenting bicycles and tests with custom devices and sensors to acquire data. Process and analyze data to gain applicable insights.
- Work with product groups to identify and address data acquisition (DAQ) needs- prioritize, develop test plans/timelines and execute DAQ projects to support company needs.
- Responsible for driving DAQ projects utilizing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Work with a global team to verify, validate and apply DAQ data and information to improve testing and products.
- Act as a mentor and assist in training others in the company to increase knowledge and ability to apply DAQ independently
- Proactively seek out and implement new DAQ technology.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Applied Research at SRAM
- Work with AD to identify risks related to new product technologies.
- Identify existing tests (or create new tests when required) to quickly evaluate identified AD project risks.
- Perform or coordinate testing in the test lab or field, analyze test results, characterize product behavior, and report results to AD and the future Engineering Team.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) required.
- Strong background in testing principles, instrumentation and processes.
- Experience working with products in varying environmental conditions.
- Strong background in mechanism testing and evaluation.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems.
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional global team.
- Knowledge of bicycle mechanics is required.
- Office and Test Lab environments daily, Testing in field as needed
- Ability to be flexible with working hours to take meeting with global team members
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-4 one week trip per year to locations in US, Europe, and Asia).*Post COVID-19 restrictions