Engineering and Design
United States, California, San Luis Obispo
We are looking for a CAD Technician to join the team in San Luis Obispo, CA to support the development of front drivetrain products for a bicycle. In this role, you will assist in the creation, review, and timely release of engineering documentation that is error-free.
- Provide modeling and drafting support for Engineering Teams including the creation and revision of CAD 3D files and drawings using Creo Parametric.
- Create, modify, check, and release ECNs in PLM system (PTC Windchill)
- Utilize understanding of product structure and compatibilities to create and maintain product BOMs based on specifications provided with minimal guidance.
- Check and ensure adherence to CAD drawing and PLM standards before release.
- Collaborate with team members from Product Lifecycle Management and CAD group to continuously improve systems and assist in implementing improvements.
- Associate Degree in engineering drafting, or a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- CAD experience required. Creo Parametric (Pro/Engineer) is strongly desired.
- Understanding of document control and change management system fundamentals.
- Experience working in PLM and ERP systems desired. Specific experience using PTC Windchill and SAP is a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings with an understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail and take pride in accuracy and quality of work all while maintaining deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.