Engineering and Design
CNC Programmer / Machinist
San Luis Obispo, California
Work directly with Engineering and Test team members to rapidly create prototype parts, fixtures and tooling that support product development.
- Create accurate prototypes that support product development within a given timeframe.
- Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineers.
- Work with Engineering and Test departments to coordinate prototyping needs.
- Utilize measurement equipment to verify prototype accuracy.
- Help maintain machine shop equipment and a safe work environment. Identify future equipment needs.
- Maintain and build industry relationships with outside vendors.
- Share knowledge with and support prototyping needs of other SRAM prototype shops.
- Assist in other areas during shop downtime such as metrology and 3D printing.
- 2+ years of experience as a machinist
- CAD/CAM exposure required. PTC Creo and Creo NC (Pro NC) knowledge preferred.
- CNC programing, setup, and operation experience. Live tooling lathe experience a plus.
- Manual machining knowledge.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Adaptive to changing priorities.