Corporate Accounting Manager
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Reporting to the North America Controller, you will be a key resource on the finance team through contributions to the general ledger close process, leading transactional processes and participating in improvement projects.
- Manage corporate month end close procedures with the global finance team.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of global finance and general ledger reporting structure.
- Lead process improvement projects in accounting and treasury areas.
- Provide leadership and guidance to accounting team, including hiring, training, and development.
- Prepare journal entries and review monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual external reporting requirements.
- Assist with implementing new accounting standards and documentation of accounting policies.
- Lead the process of communicating with the external audit team.
- Assist in documenting and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assists Tax Director, and other finance managers regarding financial results and special reporting.
- BS in Accounting, Masters preferred, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of Accounting and finance experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, including willingness to research and resolve accounting applications.
- Knowledge of ERP software (SAP preferred) and Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution environment and with multiple currencies preferred.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, and self-starter capabilities in a dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to operate efficiently, independently, and to seek constant improvement in achieving team goals.