Customer Service Representative (America's OEM and Distribution Customers)
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs | United States, Indiana, Indianapolis | United States, Illinois, Chicago
Act as primary contact for customers managing day-to-day needs with orders, lead times, logistics, and technical support consistently providing a high level of customer service. Partner with sales, shipping locations, accounting, and other company resources to support customer needs across all facets of the business.
- Develop and maintain close business relationships with customer contacts (B2B role)
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments (sales, finance, etc) and locations worldwide
- Enter, schedule, and confirm purchase orders in a timely manner and manage open orders to fulfillment
- Pro-actively follow up regarding any customer inquiries
- Work with the customer to provide technical or warranty support following up as needed with customer quality feedback to the organization.
- Represent SRAM towards the customer and represent the customer inside the organization
- Provide logistics support and promptly supply invoices and shipping documents following shipments
- Maintain customer master and pricelist
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) with the ability to work cross-functionally across the global organization
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, not required
- Experience with international logistics preferred
- Experience in SAP or other MRP system is preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to think independently and creatively to navigate customer requests, manage expectations and deliver solutions within SRAM’s customer service framework
- Ability to learn quickly through hands-on experience, training, and customer interaction
- Self-motivated, flexible, and proactive with a strong work ethic
- Maintain a high level of organization and timeliness
- 1-year experience in customer service, bicycle industry preferred
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per year
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. The starting pay is $40,000 (annually). This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.