Engineering and Design
Electrical & Software Engineer - Applied Research
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Directly influence SRAM product and testing innovation by developing electronic devices and software applications to acquire data that increases understanding and drives decisions. This position will be based in Chicago.
- Work with product groups to identify and address data acquisition (DAQ) needs with integrated electronic and software solutions- prioritize, develop timelines, and execute projects to support company needs
- Responsible for driving projects utilizing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Work with a global team to verify, validate and apply DAQ data and information to improve our testing and products.
- Hardware design including microprocessors, serial communications, sensors, and electromechanical systems
- Design maintainable and scalable DAQ systems
- Define communication payloads
- Build, deploy, test, and maintain mobile applications for iOS and/or Android
- Conduct and contribute to code reviews for software, as well as participate in design reviews for relevant adjacent designs
- Effectively work with internal users and third parties to facilitate integration of features and services
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strongly prefer DAQ experience
- Able to see the big picture, prioritize then focus on the most critical business needs to bring them to completion
- Android development experience in Kotlin preferred. Exposure and ability to learn will be considered.
- Experience using Swift Package Manager and/or Gradle (specific mobile dev tools - exposure)
- Prefer wireless protocol familiarity
- Experience with Git
- Basic understanding of Unit Testing
- Basic understanding of data processing and analysis
- Embedded C software development. Experience with sensor and data logging
- Experience with Python test scripting
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skills using bench equipment (oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional global team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 2-4 trips per year
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $110,000 + up to 30% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.