Excellent opportunity to join a global multinational with excellent exposure to all aspects of the finance function. The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager, gaining excellent exposure in the running of the finance function. The role will be best suited for a commercially minded accountant have strong commercial acumen, is eager to learn, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a varied role.
- Valued member of the finance team with responsibility for Month End, Quarter End and Year End Close process for various legal entities, with preparation for audit, including all general ledger postings throughout the month and month end, including government returns
- Preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial statements and reports
- Reconciliation of financial documents and ledgers, reviewing for accuracy of all entries
- Responsible for accruals and prepayments
- Responsible for ensuring the successful day-to-day finance operations including employee expenses, cash management, monthly payroll
- Liaise with external auditors and statutory reporting.
- European VAT scenario expert
- Be a leader in implementing continuous improvement in business processes.
- Provide functional advice and training to team members
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- SAP Experience
- Good understanding of general ledger accounting
- Proven computer literacy (Microsoft office)
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Good communication skills and high attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to understand financial performance
- Ability to plan ahead and assess priorities
- Dependable team player with ability to work on own initative.
- Willingness to travel (international) and 2-3 trips on average per year if necessary
- European VAT understanding and experience
- Second language (German, French, Portuguese, Dutch) preffered but not required
- BI Experience an advantage
- Multinational experience and an understanding of US GAAP a plus