United States, California, San Luis Obispo
Acts as a trusted partner and consultant to management and employees. Providing guidance and direction on all people needs related to our San Luis Obispo, CA, Spearfish, SD, and Vancouver, BC locations. Position is performed from our San Luis Obispo location
- Partner with leaders and HR team to manage all key people processes such as employee relations, recruitment and onboarding, performance and development, engagement, terminations and promotions, legal matters, FMLA, and worker compensation, etc.
- Actively participate in local management and functional meetings to better understand the business as well as talent and development needs.
- Continually evaluate and streamline processes that allow us to elevate the employee experience
- Monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of engagement.
- Utilization of Predictive Index (PI) analysis in recruitment, coaching, and problem resolution.
- Collaborate and share best practices with the global HR team.
- Partner and potentially lead various people-related global and local initiatives.
- Monitor changes in employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline required.
- 3+ years’ knowledge of / experience in HR functional areas required.
- Are fully vaccinated to comply with current country requirements within Canada or other international locations as travel is required.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- This role will be performed in our San Luis Obispo office - hours typically M-TH 8-5 (current hybrid option Fri) flexible to meet life needs.
- Ability to travel as required domestically, approx ~10%.
- Outstanding credibility through living the core values.
- Organizational design and start-up exposure are a plus.
- Service and collaboration orientation.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse cultures and people
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Has the capability to be a strategic thinker and also possesses a “hands-on” implementation /project management approach.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated at all levels, including executive level.
- Proficient computer skills, including functional knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail.