Engineering and Design
Senior Engineering Document Specialist
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
We are looking for an Engineering Document team member to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering work areas allow access to work on your own bicycle or learn hands-on skills. Meet your teammates for a lunchtime ride, yoga, or other outdoors-related activities between all the excitement of being involved in creating world-class bicycle componentry. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components. As a Senior Engineering Documentation Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting engineering teams, team leaders, product managers, and sales.
- Engineering Document Control for support of product development activities: create, check, correct, and release ECR/ECNs, 3-D data, drawings, and documents specific to new product development (LPD)
- Develop systems and best practices in this area, for use by Document Control and engineering team members
- Engineering Document Control for support of Custom Product Line Extension activities: create, check, correct, and release ECR/ECNs, 3-D data, drawings, and documents
- Develop systems and practices in this area, for use by Document Control and engineering team members
- Create, update, and ensure adherence to ECR/ECN procedures and Best Practices
- Ensure conformance to SRAM global drawings standards and practices
- Modeling and Drafting support for Engineering Teams; including drawing creation, revision modifications, and corrections as well as 3-D model changes in support of ECR/ECNs
- Utilize understanding of PTC Windchill Product Structure and compatibilities to create BOMs and FG drawings based on specifications provided with minimal guidance.
- Lead the team efforts influencing document control/engineering document and process changes
- Influence and collaborate with the Global PLM team on continuous improvements (Custom Product Line Extensions, Product Structure, ECR/ECN)
- High School Diploma required
- 5+ years of experience with Engineering Document Control and 3-D CAD in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of PTC Creo software for 3-D models (revisions), assembly (revisions), and drawings (revisions and new drawing creation). Expert knowledge of PTC Windchill (PLM) software (or similar complete PLM systems) for ECR/ECN work, product structure, and data. Working knowledge of SAP software. MS Office software skills required.
- Proven ability to work creatively, analytically, and with a global focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $60,000 + up to 20% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.