Chicago, Illinois, Colorado Springs, Colorado, San Luis Obispo, California
The Product Manager will identify and translate market needs into actionable items for developing new products and creating meaningful stories for product positioning. Responsible for setting, go to market strategy and product lifecycle maintenance end to end. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners. Act as a champion for the products.
- Product line strategy and marketing. Lead products from concept to commercialization.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to define new product opportunities and improvements, identifying customer benefits.
- Partner with Engineering and Industrial Design to translate product strategy into detailed requirements. Ensure products conform to design integrity, established quality standards, and customer specifications.
- Establish SRAM as the preferred partner by leading the strategy and approach for customer engagement and partnership.
- Deliver technical presentations and demonstrate how a product will meet customer needs.
- Negotiate with customers by applying value selling principles in consultative selling approaching according to the sales strategy.
- Partner with responsible OE Account Manager – keeping informed of business development status and any coordinated communication required.
- Analyze costs and sales, and prepare business account reporting for enterprise value stream.
- Participate in S&OP/demand planning and support monthly guidance on product family volume and average selling price estimates.
- Support marketing initiatives by attending industry events, conferences, and other events.
- Provide pre- and post-sale technical assistance and product education internally and externally.
- Partner with Marketing to develop owner’s manuals, sales support collateral, and launch materials.
- Develop product training materials and conduct training sessions.
- Develop product positioning and the product sales pitch. Work with Marketing to identify and meet key targets on new and in line product communication needs.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field (preferred); or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience; preferably OE/bike brand
- Deep technical knowledge of MTB and E-MTB systems
- Strong communication skills – written, oral, and live in front of an audience
- Excellent organization and time management skills; able to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of marketing and product development
- Excellent negotiation skills and consultative selling experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%
- Ability to ride a bike to accomplish objectives – includes long days on demanding trails
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $65,000 + up to 50% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.