Production Specialist - Wheel Building 2nd Shift
United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
The Production Specialist will play a key role in building production wheel requirements, monitoring, and maintaining the effectiveness of the overall wheel build training activities.
- Train team members in the proper building procedure of wheels per engineering specifications.
- Build wheels according per engineering specifications.
- Responsible to ensure that all tools fall within the calibration requirements.
- Report build issues to supervisor and communicate observations to Engineering and Quality.
- Ensure all materials are available and consumed during the build process, or escalate incomplete or incorrect kitting materials to Supervisor.
- When assigned to build wheels, deliver production plan by working with the lacer to complete the daily goals set by the department Supervisor.
- Help maintain a safe environment by using the appropriate PPE, reporting unsafe conditions, following safety procedures, and thinking about safety at all times.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in wheel building
- Advanced attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous wheel building training experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must demonstrate ability to interact with Leads, Operators, Engineers, Supervisors, & Quality personnel
- Must be able to read and write in English is required
- Must be able to read numerical data
- Must be able to work under and meet tight deadlines
- Must be available to work full time (40 hours per week)
- Be flexible for overtime with production volume increases, flexible to work alternate shifts
- Must have strong digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination and be able to use hands up to 90% of the time
- Must be able to continuously stand, sit or walk at least 80% of the time
- Must be able to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally