Engineering and Design
Technical Program Manager / Release Leader, Software Development
United States, Illinois, Chicago
As a Technical Program Manager (Release Leader) you will be responsible for leading the coordination of embedded software delivery for SRAM AXS products and supporting product development teams in the delivery of high-quality, profitable products and inspiring user experience.
- Oversee the coordination, planning, validation, and deployment of embedded software releases across the SRAM portfolio of AXS products.
- Collect and stage firmware changes needed for enhancement of current products and addition of new AXS components. Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from project teams, engineering departments, field test & quality groups, downstream manufacturing, and rider support.
- Negotiate firmware priorities, schedules, and staffing, in collaboration with engineering managers and team leads.
- Improve end-user perception of AXS systems through thoughtful release coordination, communication, and quality validation.
- Coordinate release of new firmware via deployment at SRAM vendors, factories, and via the end-user mobile app.
- Create and maintain a release plan, and manage stakeholder communications, to keep team activities aligned.
- Lead continuous improvement using lean product development principles to optimize our processes and effectively utilize resources. Document standard work, and train new stakeholders on the process. Create and monitor KPIs to steer release process improvement.
- Build trusting relationships with team members, peers, stakeholders, and SRAM Senior Managers around the world through travel, event participation, collaborative projects, and the use of remote collaboration technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years experience as a technical project manager, team manager, or scrum master.
- 3+ years of engineering or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Exposure to full-cycle product development including product definition, design, testing, qualification, certification, and field verification.
- Familiarity with embedded systems software/firmware design from concept through manufacturing. Mobile software experience is a plus.
- Experience managing development using task/issue tracking (Jira or equivalent)
- Able to influence cross-functional teams for support
- Self-directed, resourceful, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple priorities, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on open-ended problems.
- Exposure to stage/phase-gate and Agile product development processes.
- A systematic approach to problem-solving and issue resolution, combined with a good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
- Ability to lead without direct authority.
- Ability to work in an open-plan office environment
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally (Germany, Taiwan) 2-3 times per year, for approximately 5-10 days each time.
- Meetings and phone calls at alternative timelines (AM/PM with other locations)