Engineering and Design
Senior Industrial Designer (m/f/x)
SRAM is seeking a creative and motivated Industrial Designer with Senior level design-work experience to join our German design team. This designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry leading mountain bike drivetrain components and supporting world-wide design projects. This position is located in SRAM’s Mountain Bike development center in Schweinfurt Germany.
- Quickly generate ideas and concepts which reflect your outstanding visualization skills, a refined sense of form and your understanding of human factors
- Translate user needs in compelling products
- Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance
- Build compelling stories to communicate design direction to your design team members and the larger product development team
- Coordinate with design team partners like finish, graphics and finish engineering to meet defined requirements
- Design for manufacturing: Create CAD geometry ready for forging, die-casting, injection molding, and machining processes
- Work with Design Engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry
- On time delivery of solutions that meet product development timelines
- Work well in a cross functional environment with team-mates that include
- Product Management, Design Engineering and Advanced design
- Support MarCom and PM product launches and presentations with applicable materials
- Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process
- Actively support us to create an even stronger team by a positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited university
- Clear proficiency of Senior Designer level work and relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Proficient at 3D CAD (Pro-E/Creo preferred)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team.
- Approximately 15% travel.