Engineering and Design
Senior Mobile Software Engineer (Android and iOS)
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs | United States, Illinois, Chicago | United States, South Dakota, Spearfish
Help inspire cyclists worldwide. If you desire to be at the forefront of industry innovation this is the role for you. Join a highly collaborative mobile development team working on bleeding edge iOS and Android solutions. We are looking for a talented senior software engineer to strengthen our world-class digital products group. We support remote workflows, and you’ll also enjoy a culture of cycling sports enthusiasts aiming to stay #1 in a highly competitive arena. Be part of a global organization with development teams in Chicago, Colorado, South Dakota, California, and Germany. You’ll have the opportunity to build apps connected to Bluetooth enabled race level components and play with the latest bike tech available on the planet. Become a proud member of a socially conscious organization dedicated to poverty relief in developing countries around the globe through its World Bike Relief initiative.
- Design, build, deploy, test, and maintain mobile applications for iOS and Android. Strives to really understand the nuts and bolts of how things work and can jump in and keep delving deeper to a level where you would be able to confidently make improvements to the code base.
- Take ownership and pride in their work and will exhibit leadership behavior in everything they do. Mentor other team members and be able to communicate effectively to guide and instruct them. Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers in a collaborative method.
- Collaborates with team members to design, develop, and maintain user interfaces and features for mobile applications. Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Identify areas of technical improvement and conduct and contribute to code reviews for software, as well as participate in design reviews. Effectively work with internal users and third parties to facilitate integration of features and services.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent (required)
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (required)
- Knowledge of Swift and Kotlin (required)
- Experience developing unit and UI tests
- Familiarity with SwiftUI and Jetpack compose
- Understanding of CI pipelines and ability to resolve issues
- Knowledge of Google Play or App Store release processes
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US and Europe)
- At SRAM, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $125,000 up to +40% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.