Engineering and Design
Senior Test Automation Engineer
As part of a talented team of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and others, this role will work to deliver new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world.
- In this role, you will help us bring new products into production while evolving our manufacturing and development test automation systems. We have a highly collaborative team of electrical, mechanical and software engineers. We are eager to talk if you are a systems thinker who is excited about strengthening team testing culture.
- Check out the following overview of a recent project, SRAM AXS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbJRmNgD8E
- Skills you will use and gain experience in as part of this role: testing of electro-mechanical systems and working with an international cross-functional team.
- Design and validate automated production and development test systems.
- Support team members in Taiwan to deploy and maintain the production test systems.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Pro-actively coordinate the team to improve and document development workflows related to our test hardware platform and Python test framework.
- Contribute to our Continuous Integration test system and debug issues on the test systems you work on.
- Collaborate with firmware team to create automated tests to investigate defects, participate in debugging, and validate fixes.
- B.S. Degree in a field of Electrical or Software Engineering or relevant experience
- Experience as a technical lead of a team of engineers
- Experience working on a shared codebase with a collaborative team
- Experience mentoring and guiding other engineers
- Experience developing automated test machines
- Experience designing electrical test fixtures
- Experience with object-oriented Python
- Ability to travel to Taiwan 2-3 times per year, for 5-10 days each time
- This role is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date. Due to COVID-19 we are open to negotiating a remote start date and separate relocation date, based on the selected candidate’s situation.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.