Engineering and Design
Senior UX/UI Designer
SRAM is seeking a Sr. Product UX Designer/UI Designer to support and define the interactions between our industry-leading SRAM AXS ecosystem of wireless cycling components and our rider engagement products such as the SRAM AXS App. The UX Designer/UI Designer works across diverse teams within SRAM to gather rider and product needs while iterating designs with a focus on usability. The role is focused on designing the rider's experience with new cutting-edge products and features at the forefront of technology in the bicycle industry. The Sr. Product UX Designer/UI Designer must be a creative and adaptable problem solver: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of the rider journey through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, UI prototypes, and final design specs. The designer must also be a logical thinker, able to work with technical teams of engineers and developers to deliver inspiring interfaces to the user.
- Work across SRAM’s ecosystem of electronic components and software products to drive consistent user-centered experiences for our riders.
- Evaluate, test, and iterate design of our key experiences with a deep empathetic understanding of rider needs, product team input, user feedback, and business needs.
- Design and communicate the user experience and user interface at various stages of the design process that clearly illustrate how software looks and functions.
- Design and maintain UI component library and design system ensuring visual consistency across products.
- Execute final pixel perfect UI designs and package the specs for development.
- Continuously review developed software for visual and functional accuracy and quality of design intent.
- Contribute design for both mobile ioS, Android, and web platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Software Engineers, Embedded Hardware Engineers, QA, Industrial Designers, Design Engineers, and Product Managers to drive innovation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the processes within our cross-functional Agile teams.
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience and UI Design at consumer-focused technology company.
- BS degree in User Experience Design, Visual Design, HCI or equivalent Bootcamp/work experience.
- Portfolio of design projects demonstrating visual design skills paired with logical and creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated proficiency in design and collaboration workflows utilizing software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other.
- Experience designing for modern ioS and Android environments with deployment of at least one mobile application to app stores represented in experience.
- Experience designing for IoT/connected product interactions and/or social engagement platform growth preferred.
- Experience producing custom illustrations, icons, motion, and micro animations a plus.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one-week trips per year to locations in the US and Europe) *Post COVID-19 travel restrictions