Engineering and Design
Software Engineer in Test
As part of a talented team of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and others, the Software Engineer in Test will work to deliver new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world. The Software Engineer in Test position is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date. Due to COVID-19 we are open to negotiating a remote start date and separate relocation date, based on the selected candidate’s situation. Check out the following overview of a recent project, SRAM AXS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbJRmNgD8E
- Collaborate with and train electrical, mechanical and software engineers concerning the continuous integration (CI) system.
- Working with team to own, maintain and improve existing C and Python CI system framework. Research test automation approaches and trends. Disseminate proposed changes to coworkers.
- Report CI defects, participate in debugging, and validate fixes. Design and document new test cases.
- Create and document tools to improve the development workflow.
- Communicate CI related intermittencies, updates, and best practices across the team. Proactively obtain developer feedback to fully understand their CI needs.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (required)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with firmware test automation (required)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with Buildbot or other continuous integration platforms. Either as a user or maintainer
- Experience with embedded hardware/software platforms
- Experience developing Python application, scripts and modules
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience in an international cross-functional team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US and Europe)